Tom Hardy is officially confirmed to return for the upcoming Venom sequel. The 41-year-old starred in last year's movie as journalist Eddie Brock, who transforms into the monstrous creature based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name, after his body merges with an alien symbiotic life form. Producer Amy Pascal revealed to Fandango that the Oscar nominated British actor is onboard for the follow-up to the hit movie, which also starred Michelle Williams and Riz Ahmed. “I can say that Tom Hardy will be back, magnificently playing that character as no one else can. When you think of Venom, you’ll never be able to think of anyone but Tom Hardy sitting in that bathtub of lobsters. And once you saw Tom Hardy do this character, that’s all you needed to know," she explained. She also teased the possibility that Tom Holland‘s Spider-Man could show up in Venom 2. “Everybody would love to see that,” Pascal said. “You never know someday... it might happen. I can say that we’ve had a fantastic partnership and you never know what’s going to happen. We have a lot of stories to tell about Spider-Man, in every facet. We have big plans for Tom Holland to be a part of everything.” The first Venom movie received mostly negative reviews from critics, but was one of the highest grossing films of 2018, bringing in more than $850 million at the worldwide box office. A sequel was teased in the end credits scene of the film, when Hardy's character Eddie Brock interviewed convicted serial killer Cletus Kasady, played by Woody Harrelson, in prison. “When I get out of here – and I will – there’s gonna be carnage,” Kasady promised. Fans have speculated that his line points to Harrelson playing Carnage – one of Venom’s biggest villains in the comic book series – in the upcoming sequel.
Priyanka Chopra has apologized after her TV show Quantico featured a controversial storyline about Indian terrorists. The episode, titled The Blood of Romeo, saw Chopra’s FBI agent Alex Parrish thwarting a terrorist attack on an international summit in New York by Indian nationalists, who stole weaponized uranium and sought to blame the planned violence on Pakistan. Fans were horrified that the show fictionalized the real-life historical tension between the two countries just days before a real-life summit between India and Pakistan in China. Chopra was targeted by viewers who criticised her for going along with the storyline, especially as she is of Indian descent. “I’m extremely saddened and sorry that some sentiments have been hurt by a recent episode of Quantico,” Chopra posted on Twitter on Saturday (09Jun18). “That was not and would never be my intention. I sincerely apologize. I’m a proud Indian and that will never change.” ABC, the network behind the show, also offered an apology for the content of the episode, that aired on 1 June. “(We) and the executive producers of Quantico would like to extend an apology to our audience who were offended by the most recent episode, The Blood of Romeo,” they said in a statement. “The episode has stirred a lot of emotion, much of which is unfairly aimed at Priyanka Chopra, who didn’t create the show, nor does she write or direct it. She has no involvement in the casting of the show or the storylines depicted in the series.” The network’s statement concluded: “Quantico is a work of fiction. The show has featured antagonists of many different ethnicities and backgrounds, but in this case we inadvertently and regrettably stepped into a complex political issue. It was certainly not our intention to offend anyone.” Quantico, which was canceled by ABC last month (May18), will come to an end after its current third season.
Kylie Jenner has denied rumors she's pregnant with her second child. The 21-year-old reality star, whose daughter Stormi turns one next month (Feb19), sparked speculation she could be expecting another baby with boyfriend Travis Scott when she tweeted about an "exciting project" she has in the works. "I have something really exciting i get to share soon with you guys! I’ve been cooking this up for awhile i can’t wait to share my new project alreadyyy," she wrote. One fan was quick to jump to conclusions and tweeted Kylie, "Are you pregnant again?" But the Keeping Up With the Kardashians beauty shut down the question, and replied "Noooo lol (laugh out loud)." Despite Kylie's giggling response to the question, she admitted in a Snapchat Q&A session last October (18) that she is already thinking about further expanding her family. "Am I going to have another baby?" she mused. "I want another baby but, 'When?' is the question and I'm definitely not ready right this second. I don't know when I will be, but yeah, when I do, I would love to share more of that with you guys." Kylie famously kept her entire pregnancy a secret the first time around, and only confirmed the speculation when she announced Stormi's birth and shared pictures and video footage of her when she was expecting. A source close to the reality star previously said that while Kylie and Travis are keen to have another baby, the couple is planning to wait until the end of the rapper's Astroworld Tour in March before they start trying. "Kylie and Travis are going to wait until he's finished his tour before trying for another baby," the source told Entertainment Tonight. "They want to have another child soon so it's close in age to Stormi, but they do not want to do this while he's busy on the road."
Comedian Pete Davidson was left red-faced at Kid Cudi's recent birthday dinner after offering to pay for the pricey meal without realizing Kanye West, Kim Kardashian, and Timothee Chalamet would also be attending. The Saturday Night Live funnyman reveals he had made plans to take rapper/actor Cudi out for dinner at top sushi restaurant Nobu in Los Angeles back in January (19), but he didn't expect the low-key night to turn into an all-star affair - and that he would be left to cover the bill. In a new Vanity Fair video interview, Pete was asked by his The Dirt co-star and friend Machine Gun Kelly why he hadn't been invited to the get-together, because the two pals had been hanging out shortly before Davidson met up with Cudi. Laughing at the memory, the 25 year old admitted he had no idea how the night would turn out, and Kanye was the last person he expected to join the pair. "Kanye kept ordering the whole entire time," Pete recalled of the dinner, during which they ate a "bunch of rich people stuff that I don't know the name of". "I didn't know he was coming," he continued, "and I had already put my card down to pay, 'cause I thought it was just me and Cudi, and then Chalamet showed up, and then Kanye showed up, and I was like, 'Oh, f**k.' And then I had to book two more (stand-up) gigs in Ohio (to pay for the expense)!" Kelly then inquired if Kanye is "a dessert guy," to which Pete quipped, "He's a 'order f**king everything 'cause I can and then we all have one bite, maybe, if that, 'cause f**k you' kinda guy." A photo of the odd group was shared online by reality star Kim shortly after the meal, and in an interview with late night host Jimmy Fallon in February (19), Kanye's wife revealed it was only when they arrived that she realized it was a "guys' dinner". "It was just such a fun night," she shared. "Everyone just had such a good time. The vibe was so good and I didn't wanna ruin it so I sat in the corner and just documented it for them. I was playing Word Connect on my phone and letting them have their, like, guy time."