Katy Perry finally explains why she finally decided to address her feud with Taylor Swift during a May appearance on The Late Late Show. "Well, James Corden makes me and the whole world feel very safe. No one has asked me about my side of the story," she says, "and there are three sides of every story: one, two and the truth." Perry says she finally reached a breaking point with Swift, who has not spoken out since the interview. "Things irritate me. I wish that I could turn the other cheek every single time, but I'm also not a pushover, you know? Especially when someone tries to assassinate my character with little girls," she explains. "That's so messed up!" And even though Swift hired Perry's longtime collaborator Max Martin to co-write the diss track "Bad Blood," the "Bon Appétit " singer doesn't hold any grudges against the popular music producer. "I'm not supposed to tell him what he can and can't do. I'm very fair; I'm super-duper fair and I'm not one of those people who's like, 'You can't do that because I don't like that person,'" she tells sources. "You do you. Make your own choices...I'm not his mother."
Singer Shawn Mendes has vowed to make his proposed collaboration with BTS a reality, even though the South Korean boyband has been too busy to schedule studio time together. The There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back hitmaker met BTS at last year's (17) American Music Awards, where they discussed ideas for a joint project in a chat recorded for the K-pop stars' official YouTube channel. The two acts have continued to tease fans about the idea ever since, but the new material has yet to come to fruition. Now Shawn has addressed the hold up, admitting it's been tough to squeeze the track into their hectic schedules. "Latest on the collaboration, they're a hard group to get with," Mendes told The Roz and Mocha Show in his native Toronto, Canada. "They're busy people. I have no lyrics on their collaboration yet." However, Shawn isn't refusing to give up hope, because he's been a big fan of their work for a while. "It'll happen. Promise," he said. "I can't give you a date because we haven't hung out and wrote a song yet, but it will happen. 'Cause I love them and... their fans too. So, I promise." It's no surprise Shawn and the BTS members haven't had time to get together so far this year - Mendes' self-titled album topped the U.S. Billboard 200 earlier this month (Jun18), making the 19-year-old the third-youngest artist to earn three number one albums, behind fellow Canadian Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus. Meanwhile, BTS recently made U.S. chart history too, after their Love Yourself: Tear release became the first-ever Korean album to lead the Billboard 200.
Adele has been offered $26 million for a year-long residency in Las Vegas. Bosses at The Wynn hotel are reportedly so keen to sign the star up that they have offered her $500,000 per show. A source told The Sun on Sunday: "The days of entertainers coming to retire at Vegas are a thing of the past. "In the last few years, we have seen massive stars performing on the strip and every major hotel wants to say they have the biggest star as their resident. Caesars Palace had Mariah Carey, Planet Hollywood has Britney Spears, and we want Adele. "Even at half a million dollars a show we are confident we would make a healthy return." Although Adele was forced to cancel one of her Wembley dates during the summer after damaging her vocal cords, Wynn bosses are not concerned about Adele potentially having to cancel any of her Vegas shows. The insider explained: "Adele is a professional, and knows her own ability. And we are happy to be flexible in negotiations if it's needed in order to bring her on board." Meanwhile, Adele revealed during her 'Adele Live' tour in March that she was planning to take an extended break from touring in order to focus on having another baby. She said at the time: "I'll see ya later, I'll see ya on the other side. In a couple of years when I'll be back, you won't be able to get rid of me. I'm going to go and have a baby." The 29-year-old singer already has four-year-old son Angelo with her husband Simon Konecki.
Priyanka Chopra has apologized after her TV show Quantico featured a controversial storyline about Indian terrorists. The episode, titled The Blood of Romeo, saw Chopra’s FBI agent Alex Parrish thwarting a terrorist attack on an international summit in New York by Indian nationalists, who stole weaponized uranium and sought to blame the planned violence on Pakistan. Fans were horrified that the show fictionalized the real-life historical tension between the two countries just days before a real-life summit between India and Pakistan in China. Chopra was targeted by viewers who criticised her for going along with the storyline, especially as she is of Indian descent. “I’m extremely saddened and sorry that some sentiments have been hurt by a recent episode of Quantico,” Chopra posted on Twitter on Saturday (09Jun18). “That was not and would never be my intention. I sincerely apologize. I’m a proud Indian and that will never change.” ABC, the network behind the show, also offered an apology for the content of the episode, that aired on 1 June. “(We) and the executive producers of Quantico would like to extend an apology to our audience who were offended by the most recent episode, The Blood of Romeo,” they said in a statement. “The episode has stirred a lot of emotion, much of which is unfairly aimed at Priyanka Chopra, who didn’t create the show, nor does she write or direct it. She has no involvement in the casting of the show or the storylines depicted in the series.” The network’s statement concluded: “Quantico is a work of fiction. The show has featured antagonists of many different ethnicities and backgrounds, but in this case we inadvertently and regrettably stepped into a complex political issue. It was certainly not our intention to offend anyone.” Quantico, which was canceled by ABC last month (May18), will come to an end after its current third season.