Are Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez going to rekindle their romance? Never say never. “He loves her. He wants her back,” a Bieber source says of the singer, adding he “misses” Gomez. A rep for Bieber did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment. After Gomez, 25, and the Weeknd split in October, she and Bieber, 24, reconciled and began hanging out but were never “officially” back together. Since the fall, the pair took several trips together, celebrated Valentine’s Day together and even traveled to Jamaica for Bieber’s father’s wedding in February. But in March, the singers — who have dated on and off since confirming their relationship in 2011 — pumped the brakes on their latest go of it. “They weren’t getting along and decided to take a break,” an insider told PEOPLE at the time. “It doesn’t seem like a big deal and they will probably be fine soon again.” After years of fueling headlines with some very public growing pains, Bieber appears to be in a much better place now, focusing on his family, friends and spirituality. And the Bieber source says Gomez is good for him, adding: “He’s definitely different around her.” Indeed, in February, a separate source told PEOPLE, “Their relationship is very special. They have both changed, their lives are so different and it really seems things could work out great this time. They have both hugely matured. Justin is very supportive of Selena feeling her best.”
Ariana Grande, Childish Gambino and Tame Impala have been confirmed as headliners for the 2019 Coachella festival. Organisers for the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, California announced the line-up for the 2019 edition on Wednesday night (02Jan19), which takes place across two consecutive weekends in April (19), revealing that This Is America hitmaker Childish Gambino would be topping the bill on the Fridays, Australian band Tame Impala on the Saturdays, while Ariana will close the festival on the Sundays. "Humbled and excited as all hell @coachella (cactus) thank u," the Thank U, Next singer tweeted after she shared the 2019 poster. Other acts on the bill include Solange Knowles, Janelle Monae, The 1975, Diplo, J Balvin, Khalid, Kacey Musgraves, Wiz Khalifa, Kid Cudi and Jaden Smith. The festival will mark one of Childish Gambino's biggest final shows, as the rapper and actor, real name Donald Glover, plans to retire the stage moniker after one final album and close that chapter in his life as a musician. He had been heavily rumoured to headline the 2019 festival alongside Justin Timberlake and Rihanna. There was also speculation that Stronger rapper Kanye West would be returning to the event, which he previously headlined in 2011. However, TMZ.com reported on Wednesday that he scrapped negotiations with production officials at Goldenvoice after failing to reach an agreement over his stage set-up. The report suggested he did not want to stick to the traditional static rectangular platform, branding it "artistically limiting", and wanted instead to bring in his own contraption, but they declined to give in to his demands and talks fell through. The 2019 festival takes place on 12-14 April and 19-21 April.
Thor star Chris Hemsworth has thrown his hat in the ring to become the second Australian James Bond. The Avengers star admits there was buzz about him playing 007 several years ago, when he was filming racing car drama Rush, in which he played British playboy driver James Hunt, but nothing came of the chatter. Now, as fans await news of who will replace Daniel Craig as the suave superspy following the Brit's final outing as Bond, Hemsworth admits he'd love to be considered. ''When we were shooting Rush... I thought, 'Cool, if this is my audition tape, then great'," Chris tells Balance magazine. "I don't think you'll ever meet anyone who doesn't want to have a crack at James Bond. I'd love to do it. "But that's up to so many elements and is way beyond myself; it's not one you can pitch yourself on to either. It's something that the community of Bond fans, (producer) Barbara Broccoli and the whole crew there agree on, and it has to be a very organic decision from them. There have been a lot of names thrown out there and a lot of brilliant people can tackle that one." The favorite appears to be Idris Elba, with Bond star Ralph Fiennes and his predecessor, Dame Judi Dench, both keen to see the first black 007, but there has also been buzz around Sam Heughan, Tom Hiddleston, Tom Hardy, and James Norton. If Hemsworth lands the role, he'll become the second Aussie to play 007, behind George Lazenby, who portrayed James Bond in 1969's On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Ironically, Lazenby favours Hemsworth's Thor co-star Elba as the next Bond - he previously told the Press Association a black Bond would be a good idea. "I mean, why not?" he said. "But then on the other hand, you’re going to have a lot of people scratching their head going, ‘James Bond wasn’t black'. Idris would be a good idea."
The next chapter in Keanu Reeves' John Wick franchise is to be released in 2021. Following the release of the third installment of the series, John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum, earlier this month, executives at Lionsgate confirmed on Monday that they have greenlit another film, currently titled John Wick: Chapter 4. The flick is slated for release on 21 May 2021, with the news first announced via a text message to fans who had signed up for news about the movies, with the note reading, "You have served. You will be of service. John Wick: Chapter 4 is coming - May 21, 2021." No other details regarding the cast or plot were shared. The third feature in the neo-noir action franchise saw Reeves return as the titular character, with Chad Stahelski back directing. Also starring Halle Berry, Laurence Fishburne, Anjelica Huston, and Ian McShane, the narrative focuses on ex-hitman Wick as he discovers himself on the run after killing a member of an international assassin's guild. The film, which was shot in New York City, Montreal, and Morocco, has received positive reviews from critics, especially in regards to fight choreography, aesthetics and Reeves' performance. On its opening weekend, John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum grossed $57 million (£44 million) in the United States and Canada, and $35 million (£27 million) in other territories, for a worldwide total of $92 million (£72 million). In addition to working on the new film, Reeves has a busy slate of projects at present. He is in the pre-production stages of movies The Starling and Rally Car, and is set to reprise one of his most famous roles - time-traveling layabout Ted Logan - in a new Bill & Ted movie. The 54-year-old has also been attached to play John Rain in upcoming TV series Rain, and recently shared in a chat with Variety that he would like to play demon hunter John Constantine in a follow-up to his 2005 film Constantine. "I've always wanted to play John Constantine again. I just love that world, too, and I love that character," he commented.