Nicki Minaj is pulling out of a concert in Saudi Arabia because she said she wants to show support for women's rights, gay rights and freedom of expression. "After careful reflection I have decided to no longer move forward with my scheduled concert at Jeddah World Fest," Minaj said in a statement Tuesday to The Associated Press. "While I want nothing more than to bring my show to fans in Saudi Arabia, after better educating myself on the issues, I believe it is important for me to make clear my support for the rights of women, the LGBTQ community and freedom of expression," she said. Minaj was originally scheduled to headline the concert on July 18. Saudi organizers said the Jeddah World Fest will be broadcast globally. The kingdom is also promising quick electronic visas for international visitors who want to attend.
The 28-year-old singer premiered her "Delicate" music video during the 2018 iHeartRadio Music Awards broadcast on Sunday, while accepting her award for Female Artist . The video features Swift playing an A-list starlet, who can't take two steps without the attention of her security team or legion of fans. However, when she magically turns invisible, she gets to live the life she's been longing for, dancing around her hotel and the subway without anyone taking notice. ET has learned that "Delicate" was filmed over two nights in downtown Los Angeles and featured historic landmarks such as the Los Angeles Theatre and Biltmore Hotel. The clip also features a sly nod to Swift's beau, Joe Alwyn, as she dances down a city street, past a sign for "Joe's Deli." The single, off her latest album Reputation, talks about a special someone that she can't seem to get off her mind. "Sometimes I wonder when you sleep/Are you ever dreaming of me?/Sometimes when I look into your eyes/I pretend you're mine, all the damn time/'Cause I like you," she sings. "Is it cool that I said all that?/Is it chill that you're in my head?/'Cause I know that it's delicate." Swift previously teased the video on her Instagram with a handwritten note about when the clip would drop. Earlier this week, the GRAMMY winner was spotted on a romantic hike with Alywn in Malibu, California. The "Look What You Made Me Do" singer rocked a pair of black running shorts, a dark gray tank top and a black hoodie tied around her waist and held on to her beau's arm as they neared the end of the trail. The couple has been going steady since last May and only spotted together a handful of times.
Hugh Jackman will open the 2019 Brit Awards next week (20Feb19) with a tune from The Greatest Showman soundtrack. The actor, who portrayed American showman P.T. Barnum in the movie musical, will perform The Greatest Show, which will be directed by Michael Gracey, the man behind the film. Hugh confirmed his Brit Awards appearance in a video he posted on his Instagram page, in which he pledges to keep the big news to himself, whispering, "Don’t tell anybody, keep it to yourself, I know it’s amazing but keep it to yourself..." He then enters a studio and announces to his dancers, "We’re opening the Brits. Oh no! I didn’t tell you that, I didn’t tell you anything... we’re just going to rehearse. It doesn’t matter what we’re rehearsing for. Why don’t we just work on The Greatest Show for no reason? Don’t tell anyone, I shouldn’t have told you." Brits chairman Jason lley has also confirmed the big news in a statement, which reads: "We are delighted to welcome the Golden Globe and Tony Award-winning superstar Hugh Jackman to the Brits stage this month with a performance that is set to be nothing short of spectacular. "The Greatest Showman soundtrack dominated the charts in 2018, breaking records all over the world as well as here in the U.K. It’s only fitting that the U.K.’s biggest celebration of musical successes should be kicked off with a performance from the biggest selling album in the U.K. of the last year." Little Mix, Dua Lipa, and Calvin Harris have also been booked to perform at the O2 Arena in London as part of the Brit Awards, as has Pink, who will make history at the ceremony by becoming the first international act to pick up the Outstanding Contribution to Music prize.
Singer Shawn Mendes has vowed to make his proposed collaboration with BTS a reality, even though the South Korean boyband has been too busy to schedule studio time together. The There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back hitmaker met BTS at last year's (17) American Music Awards, where they discussed ideas for a joint project in a chat recorded for the K-pop stars' official YouTube channel. The two acts have continued to tease fans about the idea ever since, but the new material has yet to come to fruition. Now Shawn has addressed the hold up, admitting it's been tough to squeeze the track into their hectic schedules. "Latest on the collaboration, they're a hard group to get with," Mendes told The Roz and Mocha Show in his native Toronto, Canada. "They're busy people. I have no lyrics on their collaboration yet." However, Shawn isn't refusing to give up hope, because he's been a big fan of their work for a while. "It'll happen. Promise," he said. "I can't give you a date because we haven't hung out and wrote a song yet, but it will happen. 'Cause I love them and... their fans too. So, I promise." It's no surprise Shawn and the BTS members haven't had time to get together so far this year - Mendes' self-titled album topped the U.S. Billboard 200 earlier this month (Jun18), making the 19-year-old the third-youngest artist to earn three number one albums, behind fellow Canadian Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus. Meanwhile, BTS recently made U.S. chart history too, after their Love Yourself: Tear release became the first-ever Korean album to lead the Billboard 200.

Links