Adele has been offered $26 million for a year-long residency in Las Vegas. Bosses at The Wynn hotel are reportedly so keen to sign the star up that they have offered her $500,000 per show. A source told The Sun on Sunday: "The days of entertainers coming to retire at Vegas are a thing of the past. "In the last few years, we have seen massive stars performing on the strip and every major hotel wants to say they have the biggest star as their resident. Caesars Palace had Mariah Carey, Planet Hollywood has Britney Spears, and we want Adele. "Even at half a million dollars a show we are confident we would make a healthy return." Although Adele was forced to cancel one of her Wembley dates during the summer after damaging her vocal cords, Wynn bosses are not concerned about Adele potentially having to cancel any of her Vegas shows. The insider explained: "Adele is a professional, and knows her own ability. And we are happy to be flexible in negotiations if it's needed in order to bring her on board." Meanwhile, Adele revealed during her 'Adele Live' tour in March that she was planning to take an extended break from touring in order to focus on having another baby. She said at the time: "I'll see ya later, I'll see ya on the other side. In a couple of years when I'll be back, you won't be able to get rid of me. I'm going to go and have a baby." The 29-year-old singer already has four-year-old son Angelo with her husband Simon Konecki.
Priyanka Chopra has apologized after her TV show Quantico featured a controversial storyline about Indian terrorists. The episode, titled The Blood of Romeo, saw Chopra’s FBI agent Alex Parrish thwarting a terrorist attack on an international summit in New York by Indian nationalists, who stole weaponized uranium and sought to blame the planned violence on Pakistan. Fans were horrified that the show fictionalized the real-life historical tension between the two countries just days before a real-life summit between India and Pakistan in China. Chopra was targeted by viewers who criticised her for going along with the storyline, especially as she is of Indian descent. “I’m extremely saddened and sorry that some sentiments have been hurt by a recent episode of Quantico,” Chopra posted on Twitter on Saturday (09Jun18). “That was not and would never be my intention. I sincerely apologize. I’m a proud Indian and that will never change.” ABC, the network behind the show, also offered an apology for the content of the episode, that aired on 1 June. “(We) and the executive producers of Quantico would like to extend an apology to our audience who were offended by the most recent episode, The Blood of Romeo,” they said in a statement. “The episode has stirred a lot of emotion, much of which is unfairly aimed at Priyanka Chopra, who didn’t create the show, nor does she write or direct it. She has no involvement in the casting of the show or the storylines depicted in the series.” The network’s statement concluded: “Quantico is a work of fiction. The show has featured antagonists of many different ethnicities and backgrounds, but in this case we inadvertently and regrettably stepped into a complex political issue. It was certainly not our intention to offend anyone.” Quantico, which was canceled by ABC last month (May18), will come to an end after its current third season.
Just when you thought Fast and Furious couldn't get more daring, screenwriter Chris Morgan has said that the film series might see Vin Diesel's Dominic Toretto and the gang travel to space one day. In an interview with Polygon, veteran Morgan – who has written seven of the nine outings within the franchise, including the upcoming spin-off Hobbs and Shaw – admitted that "nothing’s out of the question" when asked whether we could see our heroes operating rocket ships instead of cars in the future. "It just has to be cool and it has to be good," he explained. "You know, that’s the thing. I would say nothing is off-limits as long as we can stay on the right side of keeping the audience engaged."
The King of Wakanda reigned supreme this holiday weekend as Disney's "Black Panther" proved to be a pop cultural phenomenon, shattering box office records with an estimated $235 million in U.S. and Canadian ticket sales for the four-day holiday weekend. The Marvel Entertainment release, the first global superhero blockbuster with an African American director and a mostly black cast, exceeded expectations and set records for a February opening and for a Presidents Day weekend debut. The previous record holder was "Deadpool," which made $152 million domestically over the four-day holiday in 2016. "Black Panther" is the fifth highest domestic opening weekend of all time, behind only "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" (2015), "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" (2017), "Jurassic World" (2012) and "Marvel's The Avengers" (2012).

Links