Priyanka Chopra has apologized after her TV show Quantico featured a controversial storyline about Indian terrorists. The episode, titled The Blood of Romeo, saw Chopra’s FBI agent Alex Parrish thwarting a terrorist attack on an international summit in New York by Indian nationalists, who stole weaponized uranium and sought to blame the planned violence on Pakistan. Fans were horrified that the show fictionalized the real-life historical tension between the two countries just days before a real-life summit between India and Pakistan in China. Chopra was targeted by viewers who criticised her for going along with the storyline, especially as she is of Indian descent. “I’m extremely saddened and sorry that some sentiments have been hurt by a recent episode of Quantico,” Chopra posted on Twitter on Saturday (09Jun18). “That was not and would never be my intention. I sincerely apologize. I’m a proud Indian and that will never change.” ABC, the network behind the show, also offered an apology for the content of the episode, that aired on 1 June. “(We) and the executive producers of Quantico would like to extend an apology to our audience who were offended by the most recent episode, The Blood of Romeo,” they said in a statement. “The episode has stirred a lot of emotion, much of which is unfairly aimed at Priyanka Chopra, who didn’t create the show, nor does she write or direct it. She has no involvement in the casting of the show or the storylines depicted in the series.” The network’s statement concluded: “Quantico is a work of fiction. The show has featured antagonists of many different ethnicities and backgrounds, but in this case we inadvertently and regrettably stepped into a complex political issue. It was certainly not our intention to offend anyone.” Quantico, which was canceled by ABC last month (May18), will come to an end after its current third season.
Justin Bieber is reportedly planning a lavish wedding for him and fiance Hailey Baldwin. The couple got engaged while they holidayed in Barbados earlier this month (Jul18), and the singer took to Instagram two days later to officially announce he was marrying the model. Though it's still very early days in their engagement, a source has alleged that the Sorry hitmaker is already making preparations for the big day. "Originally, Justin wanted an intimate wedding like his dad had earlier this year, but now he's in two minds - part of him would like to go all-out and give Hailey a day fit for a princess," they told Britain's Heat magazine. "He's talking about hiring a huge estate for about 500 guests and having her dad (actor Stephen Baldwin) officiate. Hailey's just happy they're engaged and is going with the flow, but Justin's drawing up guest lists and auditioning wedding planners online as he wants it to happen ASAP." The source added that the Grammy winner wants to host the "wedding of the year" fit for "Hollywood royalty." In his engagement reveal, Justin insisted his 21-year-old bride-to-be is the "love of my life", and jeweller Jack Solow, whom sold Justin the engagement ring rumoured to be worth $500,000 (£380,000), recently recalled the moment the 24-year-old realised he had found the perfect diamond for her. "I showed him all the details and all the intricacies like I would give any other 25-year-old (sic) boy who would come to the office to buy an engagement ring," he told the publication. "He seemed really excited. He was looking inside the diamond with the loupe (magnifying glass), and said, 'I think I see Hailey's face.'" The fashion star's aunt, Kim Basinger, has claimed that Hailey's 25-year-old sister Alaia and 22-year-old cousin Ireland will both be bridesmaids on the day.
The red carpet at this year's Oscars brought a little bit of everything: vintage gowns,Wakanda-inspired looks, show-stopping white, and much more. But Gal Gadot brought the night's metallic trend to the next level in a look that was literally dripping in diamonds. The Wonder Woman actress opted for a Givenchy gown, which was straight off the brand's Spring 2018 runway. The dress featured sequins from top to bottom along with dramatic layers of silver and gunmetal fringe. As Gadot walked the red carpet, the incredibly sparkly dress made her look like a modern-day 1920s flapper.
Tom Hardy is officially confirmed to return for the upcoming Venom sequel. The 41-year-old starred in last year's movie as journalist Eddie Brock, who transforms into the monstrous creature based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name, after his body merges with an alien symbiotic life form. Producer Amy Pascal revealed to Fandango that the Oscar nominated British actor is onboard for the follow-up to the hit movie, which also starred Michelle Williams and Riz Ahmed. “I can say that Tom Hardy will be back, magnificently playing that character as no one else can. When you think of Venom, you’ll never be able to think of anyone but Tom Hardy sitting in that bathtub of lobsters. And once you saw Tom Hardy do this character, that’s all you needed to know," she explained. She also teased the possibility that Tom Holland‘s Spider-Man could show up in Venom 2. “Everybody would love to see that,” Pascal said. “You never know someday... it might happen. I can say that we’ve had a fantastic partnership and you never know what’s going to happen. We have a lot of stories to tell about Spider-Man, in every facet. We have big plans for Tom Holland to be a part of everything.” The first Venom movie received mostly negative reviews from critics, but was one of the highest grossing films of 2018, bringing in more than $850 million at the worldwide box office. A sequel was teased in the end credits scene of the film, when Hardy's character Eddie Brock interviewed convicted serial killer Cletus Kasady, played by Woody Harrelson, in prison. “When I get out of here – and I will – there’s gonna be carnage,” Kasady promised. Fans have speculated that his line points to Harrelson playing Carnage – one of Venom’s biggest villains in the comic book series – in the upcoming sequel.